Its green time again!! This color is becoming so alluring that it is becoming really difficult to stay away from it. So, here I go green again!! But this time a bit weirdly. While looking for some things for my academic project I happen to struck this green weirdos. I thought it would be nice to talk about these creatures of the green world who are can contribute in their own way to keep the earth bright and shinning green. So lets embark on the uncanny but green path!
1. Kirikabu: These are concept speakers merging your choice of potted plants with multi-directional speakers located at the bottom which comprises of a woofer, left- and right-channel stereo speakers powered by an internal amplifier. Now guess what you need to do make it rock. Hint is plant! Yeah all you need to do is add some water and you’re good to go. This one is built by JVC the electronic manufacturer. This one was introduced in Tokyo Designer’s week in 2008. The speakers are made of eco-plastic. Surely a strange entry into the home audio space. But it sure make you sit up and notice. And this product is going to serve the people who want a organic interior design. It is said to have high quality sound. The modular speakers can also be arranged into various shapes giving it unique look each time. So, green music on its way!!
2. Coffin Coffee Table: Now whats that? You might exclaim!! I did the same when I heard the name. Pretty strange but again a nice concept. One damn good example of sustainable material product. It meets your current and future needs, or should I say even beyond that. The concept is that you need a coffee table and you will also need a coffin. So these guys in Halfway Highway Design made a coffin coffee table, such that it can solve both the problems. The table can be used to store wine, books, and many other items. And finally when you are longer there your body can be stored in the table. Oops!! Sorry in the coffin. Sure that sounds weirdly morbid, but then that is the beauty of it. How is it green? Yeah it sure is, because it is not only coffin coffee table. But it is “The Biodegradable Coffin coffee table”. It contributes by being biodegradable and secondly it reduces the need of wood for both coffee table and coffin, by merging the two into one product. Amazing idea!!
3. When Sun and Wind Collaborate!: This one is again strange in its own rights. It is basically a charger for small electronic devices like the mobile phone, mp3 players etc. It uses both wind and solar power. It has a tiny wind turbine and a solar power panel. Both can be separately used, i.e. both the solar panel and the wind turbine to power the electronic devices. It can charge the mobile phone within the same time as taken by plug-in charger. Cool way of harnessing alternative energy sources. You can also set a trend, just while you go out in your bicycle or motorbike next time round attach the gadget and harness the power of sun and wind in an uncanny but effective manner. Sounds fascinating to me!!
4. Give your car a coffee break: Its called the Cafe Racer! Its a 1975 GMC pickup modified to run on spent coffee grounds. It proves that any biomass can be used for gasification. It is again a technological innovation that can help us move towards alternatives to fossil fuels in future. The car operates with the pyrolysis gas. The gas is generated by heating of steel pipes
full of coffee grounds in a wood gas generator. The car promises to be negative in terms of carbon emission. Although that has not yet been verified, but if that is the case then it surely be a big contribution as we are struggling to reduce the carbon emission.
Another piece of technology or should I say art that is unfamiliar and creative at the same time.
5. Ummm!!! Shoe Polish: Yummy!!! Have you ever associated such kind of a reaction with something like a Shoe Polish. Yes you heard it right!! A shoe polish. I know the answer would be no in 99% of the cases. But Po-Zu has this edible shoe
polish which promises to enhance the original color, depth and pliability of your shoes, while maintaining a natural look. It also provides resistant to water and increases shoe longevity. I mean many of you might be thinking this is what it is supposed to do. So what is wacky about it. Wait before you judge, this product is an attempt to make non-poisonous products by Po-Zu. It can even be used to eat. It can be used as an all in one beauty product, which can be used as lip balm, skin moisturizer, hair conditioner, message oil and cooking oil. It can even be spread on your toast for a nutritious snack!! Now say, what do you think about it? Isn’t that crazy?
These wacky products sure sound really interesting to me. I also happen to come across many more products like this. Would be covering those in the next part of this article in future. Till then think green!! If possible think green uncannily!!!