If you want to retouch or edit some pictures, then you have many options available. Now, that digital cameras have become very popular, most of us need a picture editing software to add that extra touch to their photographs. These editing software are also used for correcting various shortcoming of the pictures such as overexposure, photography-all-about-wide-angle-lenses/”title=”Underexposure” >underexposure, red-eye problems etc. So, here is the list of Top 5 free photo editing software:
- ImageForge: ImageForge offers you both a free as well as a paid version. However, even the free version is good for an average photo retouching job. This program provides you a good degree of zoom facility and a variety of soft brushes. It also lets you optimize the palette and use effects filters. It also offers the feature for importing images via scanner.
- GIMP for Windows: GIMP is an open source photo editing software. The editor’s user interface has an eerie similarity to Photoshop. However, this software is generally recommended for people with high degree of comfort with open source software. You can customize its interface to meet your requirements. It also offers you an option to use full screen mode for editing your pictures.
- Pixia: Pixia was originally conceptualized in Japan, however now it is available with English menu. This software lets you use multiple layers and vectors. However, the program has been criticized for not having any keyboard shortcuts for most of the tools. The user interface of the program is intuitive and provides you with a good set of tools for enhancing your images. It also has good range of filters and lets you save your edited pictures in various popular formats.
- Picnik: Picnik is a free photo editing software which is ideally recommended for basic photo editing jobs. The program is easy to learn and easy to use and hence is suitable for beginners. You can carry out tasks like cropping, flipping and image optimization. The program is online and you do not need to download any program to your machine. You do not even need to register for using this program. It also lets you add special effects for jazzing up your pictures.
- Lightbox Image Editor: The main draw of this program is its user friendliness. However, unlike some other programs listed above, this program lacks advance level features such as filters and layers. However, it makes up for them with its simplicity. The program also lets you view your images in split screen mode, where you can compare your original picture and the edited version. This feature comes handy for making comparison.
So, this is our recommendations for free photo editing software available. The list contains programs which can meet most of the users’ requirements. So, go ahead and have fun enhancing your digital memories. Good Luck.