After sharing the recipe of a simple home made chocolate cake, I would like to share a few more tips and decorations to make the chocolate cake beautiful. There are many props and equipments available in the market which can be used with required ingredients to make the cake beautiful.But I would share a few very simple ways which will not need any equipment but can be made with very few basic ingredients like chocolate bars and fruits. You can either make the cake at home or can buy a simple cake from shop and apply the following decorations.
1) Decoration with sugar powder: Take a cup of sugar and grind it into fine powder. Sprinkle the sugar powder over the cake with the help of a sieve. This method of decoration works very beautifully over chocolate cake. The contrast of brown and white makes us feel that there has been a snowfall over the cake.
2) Decoration with chocolate sauce : This is a simple way to decorate any cake of any flavour. Take 2 chocolate bars and break them into pieces in a bowl. Then boil water in a pan and put this bowl of chocolate pieces over the boiling water. This is a method of double heating to liquefy the chocolate because the direct flame might burn the chocolate. Now take a spatula and spread this chocolate sauce over the cake until it is fully covered. Alternatively, you can also use chocolate sauce available in the market to cover the cake. Add a cherry at the middle of the cake and serve.
3) Decoration with colorful gems : This particular decoration will attract the children of course. After covering the cake with chocolate sauce as in step2, take gems of different colors and put them over the cake in any pattern.
4) Layering of cake : You can make a simple cake very attractive by just layering it. To make layered cake, take any simple cake and cut it horizontally into 3 layers. Place a layer of the cake in the serving dish. Spread a layer of thick chocolate sauce and then place the second layer of cake over it. On the second layer spread another round of thick chocolate sauce and place the third part of the cake over it. Now cover the entire cake with chocolate sauce as mentioned in step 2. Refrigerate and serve.
5) Decoration with grated chocolate : First cover a simple cake with chocolate sauce. Immediately after covering it with chocolate sauce, take a grater with thick gradient and grate a bar of chocolate over the cake so that the grated chocolates stuck to the melted chocolate sauce. Refrigerate and serve. Instead of grated chocolate you can also use chocolate chips as available in the market.
6) Fruit decoration : Take a cake and cover it chocolate sauce as in step 2. Then take any fruit of your choice (say strawberry or cherry) and slice them longitudinally into halves. Place this halved fruits along the circular edge of the cake and one piece at the center. You can also make patterns using fruits.
7) Decoration with nuts : Then take a cup of nuts, almonds and pistachio and break them into small pieces. Take a cake and cover it with chocolate sauce as in step 2.Just after applying the chocolate sauce, dab the nut pieces along the side of the cake. The nut pieces will adhere to the molten chocolate cover. Put a few nut pieces at the centre of the cake. Refrigerate and serve.
8) Decoration with ice cream: A very simple way to serve a cake is to serve it with ice cream. Place a piece of cake in the serving plate. Put a scoop of ice cream over it and accentuate it with a piece of cherry or mint leaf or both. You can also sprinkle randonly 2-3 lines of chocolate sauce over the ice cream scoop.