Nowadays people are so busy with their professional life that they hardly have time to devote in their kitchen. So day by day the popularity of microwave ovens are increasing. Using a microwave not only saves time but also makes the food healthier and tasty. There were many requests to me to publish the microwave versions of many popular recipes. Today I will be starting with a few such recipes which are simple and easy to start with.
Chicken Sweet Corn Soup
1 cup sweet corn(cream style),
1 cup water,
3 cup chicken stock,
½ cup shredded chicken,
2 tbspn cornflour mixed in ½ cup water,
Salt & Pepper to Taste.
1) Take 2 microwave safe bowls.
2) In first bowl add the chicken stock, shredded chicken and salt.
3) In the second bowl add the sweet corn and water.
4) Microwave(covered) both the bowls in 100% for 5-6 minutes.
5) Mix both the microwaved chicken and sweetcorn.
6) Add salt & pepper to taste.
7) Mix the diluted cornflour to the chicken soup and microwave(covered) for 5-6 minutes at 80% power.
8 ) Serve hot.
You can also make the soup for delicious and healthy by adding vegetables in the soup.
Take vegetables like carrot, beans, capsicum, spring onion and cut them into very small cubes. Take about ½ cup of such vegetables and microwave along with the sweet corn.
Creamy Mushroom Soup
100gm mushrooms (sliced),
1 cup tomed milk,
4 cups water / stock,
I tbsn chopped onion,
1 tspn chopped garlic,
1 bay leaf,
1 tbspn butter,
1 tspn chopped coriander,
2 tbspn cornflour mixed in ½ cup water,
Salt Pepper to Taste.
1) In a microwave safe bowl, add the butter, chopped onion, garlic, bay leaf, pepper corn and microwave at 100% for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add cup of water, and boil for 2-3 minutes at 100% power. Strain the mixture. Discard the bay leaves and pepper corn after straining.
3) Take the strained mixture, add milk, mushroom slices, salt pepper and microwave(covered) for 5-6 minutes at 100% power with constant stirring in between.
4) Dissolve the corn flour in water and add to the soup with constant stirring in between.
5) Garnish with coriander and serve hot.
You can replace mushroom with chicken pieces and can also add small chopped vegetables pieces if desired.
Mango Panna or Mango sharbat is the most extensively used drink in summer season. The sweet and tangy taste of mango juice helps to reduce the heat from our body in summer. This mango pana recipe is very easy to prepare as it can be prepared in microwave very easily and can be stored in refrigerator. So “Banao ek bar .. pio bar bar”.
1½ cup raw mango ( peeled and chopped),
1 cup sugar,
1 tspn roasted jeera powder,
½ tspn rock salt (black salt),
2 cup water,
1 tbspn lemon juice.
1) Place chopped mangoes and water in a microwave safe bowl and microwave(covered) for 4-5minutes.
2) Add sugar, black salt, roasted jeera powder. Microwave(covered0 at 80% power for 506 minutes. Allow to stand for 5-6 minutes.
3) Blend the mixture to make a puree and strain it. Store in a air tight container.
4) While serving mix ¼th glass of mixture with ¾ th glass of chilled water.
5) Garnish with mint leaves and a tint of lemon.
Spicy Apple Nog
This delicious drink is very tasty and nutritious. Even children can make this in microwave.
2 eggs(separate white and yellow),
¼ cup water,
a pinch of ground nutmeg,
a pinh of grounf cinnamon,
¾ cup of apple juice,
3 cups of toned milk,
½ cup beaten cream.
1) Separate egg whites and yellow.
2) Place the egg yellows in a microwave safe bowl and beat it.
3) Add sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and apple juice to it and mix it.
4) Also stir in milk and microwave at 50% power for 5-6 minutes. Stir in between.
5) Beat the egg whites separately and add to the micro waved mixture. Stir the mixture thoroughly preferably with a beater.
6) Chill the mixture.
7) Top each serving with whipped cream & ground nutmeg and cinnamon.
Microwave tips :
1. Melting chocolate in a microwave is so simple-it does away with the need for a double boiler. Microwave it at 50% (medium) for 2 ½ minutes.
2. Warming oranges for 1-2 minutes produces more juice when squeezed.
3. Microwave is very useful for steaming green leafy vegetables like spinach.