You are just fifty. You need hair color because your hair is fully grey. You sit regretting that more than three forth of your life is already over. You stop without feeling that you have many miles to go before you sleep. There is depression in watching your children as they are grown-up. You need money for your daughter’s marriage and son’s higher education.
More is happening to your spouse- your better and other half. You feel she is withering under the onslaught of age. Her dimpled cheek is less prominent before the crinkles in the skin of her face. Like her you do have hell of financial, physical and psychological tensions. How fondly you miss your past, mulling over the sugary bygones? You really miss the days in your twenties, when you had your first crush. Yeah……..when in twenties, you had your first date. About your late twenties, you still have the nostalgia of the first day of your first job and then your mind drifts to your first pay check.
All those are gone; you are stepping unto your fifties. You feel as though you are being shifted unto oblivion. You are getting tormented with the reports from your medico that your blood sugar is soaring past your anticipation and blood pressure is uncontrollable under stress.
But dear buddy, we have good news to give you with a solid logic that your days are not ending. Rather you are at the last stage of a wonderful transformation. You are at the threshold of a rich harvest of your life. Be patient as we go on telling the reasons behind the truths we speak.
- Fifties are the first steps for coming off your age- In fifties; you get the respect for your wisdom. You should not feel unhappy when someone calls you “uncle”. This perhaps is not a sign of your aging rather fructification of long experimentation with life. Be sure you are getting treated with esteem because of your age, experience, status and wisdom.
- Share your experience with youngsters and learn from elders- The younger ones of your age need you for you can only guide them. Do not feel your importance when the young and desperate people far below your age come to you and beseech you to guide them because they are unable to do one particular thing. You must smile in blasé self-satisfaction. This is a sure benchmark of success of your experience. Now you should start feeling that how the struggles of your life have solidified your being. But do not forget your seniors from whom you have learned so much and whose teaching has lent credibility to your fifties.
- Your fifties are the right age for taking leadership- The people below your age desperately look forward to you for a hand of your experience. The persons above your age need you for your assistance. Just imagine, a solitary octogenarian, unable to walk over the Zebra-crossing and cross a vehicular road and you immediately rush over to him just to give him a hand. It is simply your age has taught you to feel for everybody.
- Now you have begun saving more- You have already learned from your past mistake of spendthrift ness. Perhaps you are more frugal now-a-days and prefer to remain simple. By your simple living and ideology, you inspire others to live an ideal life. Normally people in their fifties are simple, frugal and never showy.
- You have acquired the real meticulousness from your age- You have learned to be meticulous from your experience and age. Your meticulous qualities and perfection in doing every thing have brought you appreciation. The natural restless of young age is gone and now you are more mature with the things you do. Your methodical approach to every work has earned you accolades. That is the reason your younger generations love and appreciate your dedication and patience.
- Feel pride in the mellowed ness of your temper- You do not lose temper where others lose very fast. It is because in the past you lost the game because of your anger and frustration. You handle every situation even though that is an affront for you. Your matured coolness from your age begets appreciation from other people.
- Age has taught you to forgive and forget- You are in your fifties and you have realized from your age that it is easy to forgive but hard to forget the bitter things of life. For that you do not react when a person who shared an unpleasant experience with you turns up before you. You are convinced in your heart that relating the past incidents with your present is a blunder. Of course when there is such a situation you keep calm without reaction. You deal with such situations more cautiously.
- Your “fifties” are a turning point- Your fifties are a wonderful turning point for you because of your increased spirituality. You have given up living as a mere sentimentalist. You feel now you are more independent because of your simple, ethereal trust in God. You can feel that miracles are happening in your life due to the grace of Almighty. You argue with yourself that your faith in God is not without its foundation. He guides you for every small thing in life. Everything in life is properly ordained by Him. Therefore you suggest others to have trust in Him when they are in distress. You have earned the greatest quality of forgiving others because God has forgiven for all that you have done in the past.
- You are moving towards the ultimate transformation of your life- All the newly acquired qualities from your age are moving you towards the ultimate transformation of your self. Unknowingly there are new dimensions in your life and personality. The years of your fifties are creating a butterfly out of the caterpillar of your self. You feel that demerits of nature are diminishing. You have become holy from the ungodliness of your self. You feel the fleeting moments of your life have made you more sensitive towards other people. You are getting integrated with the ultimate union with life. You experience bliss because you have got to know the real truths of life. All this is the contribution of your age.
- Imagine that you are a poor farmer- Give up your frustrations if at all you have them. Just look on…..on. Keep looking at the good things that life has bestowed on you. Imagine that you are a hardworking, poor farmer and this is the harvest time of your life. You are standing before the patch of your land in rich harvest. You have worked so hard to bring it to this condition. You will feel the eternal love in your bosom towards every small thing in your life. You feel there that it is the definitive fructification of the long part of life you have lived so far.