Every ambitious human being would of course like to quote”once you are born do it in a style”. As a striving human being your goals are much more important for you and for that you have formed your objectives. Objectives are carefully formulated strategies to reach your goal. It is said every human birth intentionally or unintentionally has its goal.
- Your personal goal goes by your skill, qualification and exposure- Like every human being; you have to decide your goal by your skill, qualification and exposure. Among the three, exposure carries highest value because skill and qualification are not enough. Exposure gives you confidence and shapes your skill as per the need of your goal. Suppose you are a skilled musician, you must seek the right exposure in the group of a famous musician in order to sharpen your skill to reach your goal.
- You need the attitude of a mountaineer to develop your personal goal- Reaching your goal requires grit and hard work. Anticipate hurdles as you begin to try for your goal. Never accept small goals in life. Be prepared mentally and physically to accept hardships as challenges. The indomitable will is the most important thing for successful achievement of goal.
- Simple living but high thinking- You need to live a simple life but should have high thinking to reach your goal. Simple living keeps you focused on your goal but high thinking gives you inspiration.
- Select your icon carefully- Who is your icon for success? Suppose you have the goal to reach highest echelon in politics, you have to imbibe values from your idol in politics. Think deeply who fits your imagination as the perfect icon in politics. Suppose the life and deeds of Bill Clinton inspires you, there you need to make an in-depth research on his character, idealism and heroic qualities.
- A spiritual master(Guru) is indeed a necessity for your personal goal- It is stated in the quintessence of Bhagavat Gita that a spiritual master can guide you out of the maze of your failures of life. He can give you the right motivational thinking to reach your goal despite failures.
- Know who you are for knowing your goals- Many people are misled and suffer immeasurably because they can not do the self-study to know their goals. For example, you have the consistent urges in your being to learn music. But your parents dissuade you and literally force you to study engineering. But dissatisfaction remains within you because your creative urges can not get the right guidance. By chance, if in later part of your life you strive to excel as an engineer, your natural urges will never allow you to succeed. Know your natural-self much before setting your personal goals.
- Follow the essence of “karma” from Bhagvat Gita- Do your duties sincerely and honestly without bothering about results. This method can enable you for reaching even higher goals. You need not be in consistent worries to reach your goal. Consistent bothering about the fructification of your goal in to success is a wrong step towards your goal. Adopt a structured approach towards successful reaching of your goal. Go step-by-step without hankering after the materialistic ends. Materialistic appraisal of your goal by you is a wrong evaluation of your self. Suppose you are a skilled computer language programmer or expert but you always regret that you are not getting what you deserve, you might accept a new track in your life to go to a higher realm of success. People like Bill Gates and Narayan Murty were of course disappointed as technocrats but could achieve immensely as industrial leaders. Thinking and rethinking about a redefinition of your Karmic life is essential for reaching the venue of success.
Objectives of reaching your goal
- Be slow but steady- Accept the slow but steady attitudes of a performer. Have you not heard about the race between rabbit and tortoise, wherein rabbit made the mistake of running fast but failed to maintain the right pace for the race? It slept after running a small distance hastily but tortoise maintained the right pace and timing for the race and ultimately succeeded. Slow and steady only wins the race.
- No pain no gain. your second objective for success of your goal- The proverb if there is no pain there would be no gain is the second guiding principle towards forming objectives for successful achievement of your goal. Determined hard work is the only necessity for the success of your goal. Hardship, failures, dejection, rejection, humiliation and loss from ventures in life are usual stepping stones towards achieving your goal in life.
- Objectify your time- Time carries the highest value. Your objective must be to invest in time. Any intelligent human being seriously considers the value of his time. Utilization of time in the proper way brings success in the long run. Just take a day from your life and earmark every hour of it with a program. It is a mistaken notion that only very successful persons give worth to their time. A very successful actor in Telugu film industry once called a struggling script actor for an interview. Usually people who turn up to meet him have to wait for hours. The script writer was made to wait for five hours. But the actor was very happy to find that the struggler utilized five hours by writing in his lap top and then reading books. Finally when he met the super star, he said that he perfectly assumed that he would be asked to wait five to six hours. Therefore he loaded the unfinished work in the lap top and also came prepared with books to avoid waste of time. The objective is although having an important appointment with somebody may be a life-time experience, but wasting five hours time unnecessarily by thinking and fidgeting again adds to the waste of important hours in the prime-time of the day. If you do some work that reserves your serious mood for work.
- Past is History, future is mystery but your present is a gift- You must be very preemptive about your present moment and for that you need to forget your past completely and give up anxieties for your future.. While it is useless to think about past, your present can not determine your future. Life is not only transient but it brings many pleasant and unpleasant surprises in its fold. So your best policy is to live in the present. Keep the objective to invest highest in your present life. Get integrated with the pleasure of your life. That will make your achievement for goal easy.
- Keep your objective to learn from mistakes- If you are serious about achieving your goals in life, you must not forget to learn from mistakes. It is well said in English that every body makes mistakes but fools only repeat them. So learn from every human being from the value of his character, from incidents and mistakes of your life. Learning is without any end and it is the only way to successfully achieve your personal goal.