By watching television programs on fitness, we might be able to shed flab and loose weight. To repair and strengthen the muscles which need exercise , we definitely need the assistance of a personal trainer. In this age of high stress, having a personal trainer will help in developing an exercise regime that is uniquely tailored to our individual requirements.Each and every one of us have a very specific bone and muscular build. A trainer can help us identify the weak areas in our body and strengthen them with a targeted exercise regime prescription. A trainer needs to meet the minimum criteria discussed here. Upon satisfactory evaluation of all these criteria, he/she can be hired.
A personal trainer for fitness:
- understands the complex conditions of his client’s body and mind.
- takes note of our present psychological and physical conditions, including the diseases. It might be blood pressure, obesity, anger, irritation or any other vital symptoms.
- maintains a record of the medicines,and prescribes a suitable exercise regime.
- has prior understanding of the condition and function of our vital organs such as heart, kidney and lungs.
- Utilizes the available data and designs a fitness program.
- would not allow us to work out more than the necessary time, that he/she thinks is reasonable.
- watches our development over the period of time and makes additions and alterations to the program.
- inspires and motivates us to work harder and ultimately transforms us both physically and psychologically.
The necessary parameters for the selection of good fitness guru are:
- The personal trainer has to be a qualified expert in the area of fitness. Beware of fraudulent organizations and individuals who promise lofty goals in short period of time.
- They should guide us about exercises and not sell health products. The fitness expert must not be a salesman of health products like slimming pills or muscle-toning powder. Although these products give short-term benefits, they produce harmful effects in the long run.
What can the trainer do?
- Design a complete exercise and diet plan exclusively for us. Exercise is important along with diet. But which form of exercise complements our body structure is an important question. Good personal trainers give exclusive exercise and diet plans to each of their clients. This is done after taking all the pertinent data about the condition of our body. Personal trainers who do not provide individuals with separate exercise regimen and diet plans must not be accepted at all.
- Refer us to other experts in different areas of health. No guesswork while shaping up our fitness.
- Be a good listener- A good trainer listens patiently to the case and assesses the problem of his/her client.
- Remain focused- It is important that we receive utmost attention to our case, since the cost involved in hiring a trainer is very expensive.
- Guide us to reach our goals through a structured program- Any program on fitness should be a scientific and structured one. The fitness expert needs to guide us scientifically through a step-by-step approach. Going through a structured program helps us reach our goals for fitness in a better way.
While hiring a personal trainer, ask trusted friends for references. This will guide us correctly in our selection.