“Sunday ho ya Monday, Roj khao Aande” – this one liner is what we hear from our childhood and even doctors advice us to have an egg every day as part of our meal. We eat egg as boiled or as curry. Today I will share a quick-snacks recipe made of egg and another curry recipe which can be eaten with rice or roti. Both the recipes are simple and can be made with the simple ingredients present in our kitchen.
Hard boiled eggs – 4nos
Flour – 1 cup
Finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped green chilli – 1 no.
Chopped coriander leaves – 2 tbsp.
Red chilli powder – 1/2 tsp.
Soya sauce – 1 tsp.
Water – 3/4 cup
Vegetable oil for frying
• Add salt, red chilli powder to gram flour and mix well.
• Add water slowly and beat the mixture well either with your hands or with an electric beater to make a thin and smooth paste.
• Add chopped onions, green chilli, coriander leaves, soya sauce and mix well.
• Cut the boiled egg into small pieces- 1 egg into 8 pieces.
• Heat oil in a deep frying pan. Reduce the heat to medium.
• Dip each egg piece in the gram flour batter and put in pan. Be sure not to put more than 6-7 pieces at a time. Deep fry the pieces over medium heat till they become golden brown in color. You should maintain the temperature of the oil between high and medium.
• Serve hot with ketch up.
Egg – 4nos,
Onion – 1 finely chopped,
Tomato – 1 small finely chopped,
Garlic – 5-6 cloves(smashed & chopped),
Ginger paste – 1tsp,
Turmeric powder – 1tsp,
Whole Garam Masala – 1 tsp,
Bay leaves – 1 no,
Red chilly – 1 no,
Salt to taste,
Oil to Fry .
• Whip the 4 eggs. Add half of the chopped onions and salt to taste.
• Heat oil in a frying pan and add spoonful of egg mixture to make small omlettes.
• Once the omelets are ready, keep them aside in a bowl.
• Put 2 tbsp of oil in a pan.
• When the oil is heated, add the bay leaves and the red chilly.
• When the red chilly and the bay leaves are fried for a few sec and add the whole garam masala.
• When the garam masala is fried then add the smashed and chopped garlic. Fry for a minute and then add the tomato pieces.
• Fry the mixture for 2-3 minutes and then add the onion and the ginger paste.
• Fry the spices for 5-6 minutes till the onion garlic ginger along with the tomato is fully fried. If the mixture becomes too dry while frying add spoonful of water.
• Add turmeric powder, red chilly powder and the salt to taste.
• Once the oil separates from the mixture add water and bring to a boil.
• Once the gravy starts boiling add the omlettes and boi for 1-2 minutes and turn off the gas.
• Serve hot with rice or roti.