Yesterday while surfing some technical websites, I came across one site which mentioned about some really cool clocks. Among the ones I came across, I really liked the five I am about to mention here. They are cool ideas and are useful too. So lets explore these funky timekeepers.
1. Water Powered Clock: From the name itself it sounds exciting to run a clock with water power. It sure is a favorite with techies and gadget lovers. At first glance this clock looks no different from any other, but upon closer inspection you’ll notice there isn’t a battery slot. That’s because it’s water (or any other electrolytic fluid like beer, soda i.e. any electrolytic solution) powered. The clock comes to life – displaying the time and date – after the liquid reservoirs located in the back are filled. An internal converter extracts electrons from any liquid and acts as a power generating fuel cell for the clock. Attractively packaged with translucent blue siding and a mirrored front. You can even use the water reservoirs on the back to hold flowers! So it can serve the purpose of both a clock and a flower stand. Dual benefits!!
2. Spy Time Keeper: This is the stuff of spies and private detectives. It is called the Spy Camcorder Clock. It has a motion-activated video camcorder with a fully functional LCD clock. It comes with 64MB of built-in memory. So that means it can very well record a 12 minutes of video. However it cannot record audio. The memory can be further expanded via SD/MMC cards. To play the recorded video you just need to use the included USB cable and connect it to your computer. Then you can load it and view the video. So cool stuff although the inclusion of audio recording will enhance its usability.
3. Sensible Alarm Clock: This one is a real beauty in terms of its operation. Atleast for people like us who depends so much on Alarm clocks. So whats better than to get an empathetic Alarm clock. Why empathetic? Because it monitors your sleep patterns and wakes you at the best possible time. With support for up to two people (that means it can track and monitor the sleeping pattern of two people), the Sleep Phase includes a sweatband with built-in sensor that wirelessly transmits your sleep pattern info to the clock. Ensuring that you don’t oversleep, the alarm will sound within a 30 minute window before your desired wake time. I would for sure like to try this one out. Sounds really amazing!!!
4. Digital Clock T-Shirt: This can surely go with the tag line – “Wear your time”! As the name suggests its a clock in your t-shirt. Powered by 4 x AAA batteries, this “Digital Clock T-Shirt” utilizes an electro-luminescent panel in front to display the time. The batteries are hidden inside a compartment. The general battery life is between 12 – 36 hours depending on the flashing mode selected. Though it sounds cool but I have one question how do you see the time. You need to stand in the front of the mirror everytime you want to check the time I guess!! So its more useful for others. Or may be for people who don’t like people asking them time. Their T-shirt can do the job for them.
5. Drill Sergeant Alarm Clock: Again another alarm clock gets a mention. May be they have too much of an influence in my day to day life thus making me pick them up unconsciously! But this one is surely an exciting piece of gadget. This alarm clock doesn’t come with a built-in MP3 player nor does it come with a computer. But it wakes you with a morning bugle call followed by an “inspiring round of orders” from a drill sergeant. It also features an LCD display, AM/FM radio, and even a special button (runs through the whole drill routine) that motivates you when pressed. So your day will start in a more disciplined way. But free willies like me stay away from this!!